Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Rowan's Inheritance...

A few years back, my stepdaughter became obsessed with the Little Miss & Mr. Men books. My mum had sent her a couple of Little Miss books from England as a christmas or birthday present, and it was all over :) Within two years, she had accumulated the entire Little Miss collection and about a third of the Mr Men collection.

Of course, she grew out of it, but I kept the books (we have a hard time getting rid of books in this house), and thank goodness we did, because Rowan is now starting to show an interest.

So we've been reading a couple each day.

This morning, I was making him breakfast, and he asked for hot frockit (that's hot chocolate a.k.a warmed up dark chocolate almond milk sssshhhhhh).  I poured it into his usual random coffee mug (which he gets a HUGE kick out of), but after a few minutes, I got a vision of the mug that my mum sent Ashlyn a few years ago.

It belonged to either me or one of my siblings when we were little. Yes, we were also Mr. Men fans when we were small (much like every other child growing up in England since the 70s!) and my parents had saved this mug.

So I went on a hunt for it! Found it pretty quickly (which was a miracle, since we recently moved, and I am still having trouble finding certain things!).

A quick wash, and bam! The mug gets passed on to yet another child in our family.


A silly and insignificant moment, I know, but it makes me smile to see my little boy drinking out of a mug that I drank out of at his age :)

No comments:

Post a Comment